Thursday, May 3, 2018

Richmond News Interview


Twelve years ago (in 2006), Richmond News interviewed me on my self-published Land and the Ruling Class in Hong Kong (2005), which was selected as an Editor's Choice in Canadian Book Review Annual's 2007 issue. The book went on to be traditionally published in Chinese and then in English (2nd Ed.) in 2010 and became a bestseller and won a book prize. It was a long process, to be sure, but it also taught me a good lesson about patience and humility.

Three days ago, I had the pleasure and honor of being interviewed by Richmond News again. This time, it was about my newly published historical novel The Green Phoenix: A Novel of the Woman Who Re-made Asia, Empress Xiaozhuang. With the cornucopia of historical novels on the market, I had been mentally prepared that the marketing process would be an uphill struggle. That said, I am still harboring a humble hope that the compelling story of one brilliant female leader in Qing history, who was no less a devoted mother and grandmother, will attract a wide audience. Perhaps Richmond News will prove to be a trustful ally again!

Link to the interview.

It was a pleasure talking to Daisy Xiong of Richmond News!






No comments: