Monday, August 19, 2024

My Favorite (Undersea) Scene from Lost You Forever S1

 


 

Lost You Forever (S1 & S2) is hands down one of my top favorite xianxia cdramas! I only recently caught up with watching Season 1 (2023) and immediately continued to binge-watch the recently released Season 2. I'm still in hangover mode. The acting of all the three male leads (Tan Jianci as Xiang Liu, Zhang Wanyi as Cang Xuan and Deng Wei as Tushan Jing) and the female lead (Yang Zi as Xiao Yao) is superb. I'm especially obsessed with Tan Jianci's portrayal of the cold, cruel yet lovable nine-headed demon Xiang Liu. The intense yet subtle emotions he conveys with his shiny eyes are just electrifying! He is also the singer of the poignant theme song 等不到的等待. The story explores familial love and romantic love with depth and breadth, and muses on the tradeoff between one's ideal/desire and one's sacrifices.

 

No comments: