Friday, November 5, 2021

Zoom Book Talk re: Korean Edition of Land and the Ruling Class in Hong Kong

 On October 30 Seoul time (October 29 Vancouver time), I made a Zoom presentation and joined in a panel discussion re: the Korean Edition of Land and the Ruling Class in Hong Kong.

I would like to accord a vote of deep thanks to the book translator, Mr. Sungchan Cho from the Hananuri Institute for Northeast Asia, who tirelessly organzied the event and acted as MC. My gratitude is also owed to the three panelists for their insightful comments, especially Professor Jung-a Chang from the Incheon National University. Lastly but not least, I'd like to thank the charming interpreter Paul for his good work. He made a film recommendation to me that I take to heart - "Squid Game"; I'm so late to the party!

I'm also humbled to learn of the aspirations of young, passionate Koreans who care deeply about social justice, and I'm honored to have made acquaintance with some of the participants of the event. Thank you all for a lively exchange. I look forward to the day when I'll be able to pay a visit to Seoul and other Korean cities.

The book event has been reported in this Korean newspaper article.

For the Canadian Book Review Annual's review of my book, please click here.

No comments: