Saturday, March 9, 2019

Wow! Had to Share this Review!


Julianne of Yorkshire, U.K. chose The Green Phoenix for her Goodreads Group's ("For Love of a Book" Group) World Libraries Challenge 2019. 

I had to share her lovely review:

"The story of Bumbutai, a Mongolian princess who became the revered Grand Dowager Empress Xiaozhuang, unfolds against the backdrop of the fall of the Ming dynasty and the rise of the Manchu Qing.

I can't say enough about how much I loved this book. The story telling vividly brought the characters and political machinations to life.

Reading this sent me on a journey back in time and through a huge emotional range, from curiosity to anger to love to laughter.

I honestly can't think of the last time I loved a book so much.

I read this because of the For The Love Of A Book groups World Libraries Challenge for 2019, one of the challenges was to read a Book with a MPG of Historical Fiction set in China or Japan. After hours of browsing Goodreads I found The Green Phoenix and I was so glad I did."


Link to the Goodreads review.




No comments: